Vegetable Biryani is all time favorite. You really have to cook Biriyani with patience, care and attention. There should be no hurry and cooking Biryani takes up some time. Yet it is worth it. It is one of the most royal and grand rice based dish from Indian cuisine.
Vegetable biryani is an aromatic rice dish made with basmati rice, mixed veggies,fried onions, herbs & biryani spices.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare a delicious vegetable Biryani.
In a thick wide utensil heat oil add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf add sliced onions saute till golden.
Saute onions till golden brown add Ginger garlic paste cook till the raw aroma goes away.
Add red chilli powder, green chillies and chopped tomatoes. Cook for a while add chopped vegetables saute for few minutes. Finally add yogurt stir well. Cover the lid cook the vegetables on a low flame.
In a wide utensil boil plenty of water add salt and spices like cinnamon, bay leaf. Drain the rice and add to the boiling water. Cook till the rice half cooked
Add rice to the vegetable gravy. Partly mix the rice with the gravy. Add saffron, Ghee on top. Cover the lid simmer to a low flame cook for 15_20 minutes.
While serving mix the remaining rice and gravy gently. Goes well with onion raita.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Paneer biryani recipe | easy Paneer biryani recipe
- Sliced onions 4_ 5 medium sized
- Chopped tomatoes 3 no.
- Salt as needed
- Oil 6 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 3 tbsp
- Yogurt 1/2 cups
- Carrots 2
- Beans 100gm
- Peas 50gm
- Potatoes 3
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Take a deep bottom pan add plenty of water. Heat the water on a high flame.
- When the water comes to boiling add all the spices like cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf. Add salt and rice.
- Just gently stir with a spoon or fork after you add a rice.
- Do not reduce the flame continuously cook the rice.
- The rice should be 75% cooked. The grains should have a slight bite to them when cooked. The rice should not be fully cooked drain the rice in a colander. Gently Fluff and keep aside.
- MAKING VEG BIRYANI GRAVY:
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan add spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf once it crackle add sliced onions.
- Onions take a lot of time to cook, so add a pinch of salt to quicken the process.
- Saute the onions till golden brown. Add Ginger garlic paste. Cook till the aroma goes away.
- Add Red chilli powder, green chillies, chopped tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes changes to tender.
- Add chopped vegetables saute for few minutes.
- Finally add yogurt stir well. Cook on a low flame.
- Once the gravy is cooked add lemon juice heat the gravy for few minutes. Add the cooked rice, add saffron and Ghee. Partly mix the rice and gravy cover the lid. simmer for 15 minutes.
- While serving mix the remaining rice and vegetables serve hot with raita.