Double Beans is one of my favourite veggies. It is also known as Lima beans. It is high in nutrition, packed with soluble fiber that helps to reduce cholesterol and manage diabetes. I have tried this recipe by using fresh beans and fresh Fenugreek leaves. If you don’t find fresh Fenugreek leaves you can add dry methi leaves.
The have shared step by step method to prepare an easy double Beans recipe with a detailed pictures below.
In a pressure cooker heat oil add onions saute until the onions changes transparent.
Add ginger garlic paste saute until the raw aroma goes away. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Add methi leaves/ Fenugreek leaves, chopped tomato , cook on a medium flame till the oil leaves side of the pan.
Wash the double Beans.
Add double Beans , pour little water pressure cook for 3_4 whistles. As pressure released open the lid. Check the consistency of the gravy. The gravy must be semi dry. For the excess gravy cook on a medium flame till the gravy turns slightly thickened. Serve hot with chappati or phulka.
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 _2 tomatoes
- 1 ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup double beans
- Salt as needed
- Peel and wash the double beans. Keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add onions saute till the onions changes transparent. Add ginger garlic paste saute until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Wash Fenugreek leaves with a plenty of water add them to the onion mixture add chopped tomatoes saute till the raw smell of tomato goes away.
- Add double beans pour little water, pressure cook for 3_4 whistles.
- As pressure released open the lid. Check the consistency of the gravy. The gravy must be slightly thickened.
- Serve hot with chappati or phulka.