Carrot halwa is a classic Indian desserts prepared on special occasions on festivals and parties. It is popularly known as ‘gajr ka halwa’. It is made with the grated carrots cooked on a low flame along with sugar and khoya.
- 8 to 9 medium tender juicy carrots (gajar) – yields approx. 4 to 4.5 cups grated Carrot 4 tablespoon ghee
- 10 to 12 tablespoon regular sugar or organic unrefined cane sugar
- 7 to 8 almond ( garnish)
- 2 to 3 green cardamom (chotti elaichi)
- Khoya 250 gm
HOW TO MAKE RECIPE
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrots.
- In a kadai or deep thick bottomed pan add grated carrots.
- On a low to medium flame, let Carrot reduce and water evaporates
- While the mixture is simmering on a low flame, keep on stirring in between.
- Add sugar stir well and continue to simmer and cook on a low flame.
- Add khoya do keep on stirring the gajar halwa in between. Turn off the burner
- Towards the end, in a separate pan add Ghee,cardamom,almond stir well.
- Serve gajar halwa garnish with almond.